US-CA-MissionViejo: QA Manager
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
* Owns the release of high quality products in a competitive and aggressive marketplace.
* Direct management of a team of software quality engineers located in Mission Viejo, CA and matrix management of a larger team in Bangalore. For Mission Viejo, this includes all the human resource duties and staffing responsibilities.
* Drives standards, operational processes and best practices for the QA and engineering teams to deliver high quality products.
* As a senior leader, collaborate with your development peers to drive product vision in a dynamic environment.
* Engage with support to perform root cause analysis on customer issues to drive process improvements in both testing and development.
* Provide training to support and supportability to better educate our support teams and provide improved troubleshooting for our products helping to reduce call volume.
* Work with manufacturing to develop and supply hardware appliance versions of the product
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of proven effective leadership and management experience.
* Experience managing off-shore and distributed teams
* 10+ years of applicable software quality engineering experience. Strong technical understanding of programming, development processes, quality processes and automation.
* Practical understanding of commercial software development life cycle preferably with expertise in Agile and iterative development methodologies.
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage work to multiple project timelines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Ability to work with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver products that meet and exceed customer expectations.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in a business and engineering environment.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI