US-CA-SanDiego: Software QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software QA Engineer
• MUST have at least 1+ years experience working in an Agile Scrum environment / methodology.
• Knowledge of TDD (Test Driven Development) writing and executing Unit tests.
• Knowledge of Automated Testing Tools used in an Agile software development environment (e.g. Selenium, Fit/FitNesse, WatiN, QuickTest Professional (QTP).
• Experience testing complex, data intensive enterprise software products.
• Architect and design test automation frameworks in collaboration with the Testing team and Development teams in QTP & Quality Center workflow.
• Design and Architect modular and reusable automated testing solutions that satisfy testing requirements.
• Develop functional/regression automated testing solutions using QTP, traditional QTP framework, and/or data driven techniques.
• Develop custom function/sub-routine libraries to support automated testing solutions.
• Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and maintain test scripts using a framework for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
• Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
• Automate existing manual test cases in collaboration with QA team members.
• Research new technologies, develop cutting-edge automation and provide product enhancements and/or recommendations when necessary.
• Review, maintain and improve current automated software test methodologies and processes
• Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as integration, system, regression, load, and acceptance testing.
• Apply automation tools for all types of application testing.
• Analyze formal test results in order to discover, document and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
• Collaborate with business analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
• Analyze application documentation and technical specifications to determine its intended functionality.
• Ensure that new software meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
• Coordinate with software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
• Develop/enhance and document automated testing methodology. Design a solid automation framework where test scripts are reusable and easily maintained. Perform identification and implementation of the automation framework, environment, approach, and methodologies which will be used for automated testing.
• Direct and assist junior automation developers in their work. Train/mentor junior automation developers and test automation end users.
Experience and Skills:
• Four-year college diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 8 years equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with scripting, VBScript preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with Testing Automation using Quick Test Professional, including
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI