US-CA: Software Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software Test Engineer
* Responsible for researching and refining functional system requirements and system design specifications
* Assist project leader in development of software requirements
* Develop Software Requirements Specification document
* Develop or assist software engineers in development of rapid prototypes to elaborate functional requirements
* Responsible for the software quality assurance testing including:
* Sets up and maintains automation regression testing for projects.
* Assists software engineers in designing and writing unit, module and system tests.
* Develops verification and validation test plans for projects and incorporates developer's tests.
* Supervises, coordinates and participates in verification and validation testing protocols.
* Investigates, implements and maintains testing tools.
* Responsible for developing a portion of software for a large project including:
* Develops software for control of a medical instrument.
* Assists in troubleshooting and debugging of new electronic hardware/software systems.
* Responsible for hardware interfaces and low level aspects of embedded software products.
* Writes concise requirements specifications, design specifications, design descriptions, and test plans.Proactively provides regular updates and status to functional manager and/or senior management. Mentors lower level engineers and technicians. Trains company personnel as required on new technologies, processes or products.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in software design.
* Requires 4+ years of experience in software development and/or quality assurance in a windows environment including experience developing software products with C/C++, Visual Studio, MFC
* Experience with source code control
* Knowledge Software Configuration Management methodologies
* Familiarity and understanding of black box, white box, unit, integration, functional, system, regression, acceptance, stress, performance, and usability testing.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI