US-VA-Reston: TEST ENGINEER
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
TEST ENGINEER, PRINCIPAL
* Identifies creative methods to reduce test time, without reducing test coverage, on subsequent
* product generations.
* Develops complex systems, standards and computer programs for data acquisition to be used in testing new products and as part of the quality control system within the manufacturing process.
* Reviews prepared proposals for testing programs, outlines specific testing conditions, and develops operating procedures.
* Reviews and evaluates complex test specifications, test results, test trends and implements corrective action as needed.
* Reviews prepared detailed technical reports of findings and makes recommendations for needed
* modifications to correct problems.
* Oversees actual tests and analyzes validity of results.
* Reviews customer requirements and specifications to ensure that tests will confirm that these are satisfied.
* Performs research or other professional work in one or more software and/or hardware engineering disciplines involving the application of a knowledge of complex
* engineering testing fundamentals.
* Responsible for the development of preliminary and conceptual testing processes and studies as well as the continuity of testing details of specific engineering discipline or specialty area, and provides expert advice and direction to other professionals
* Resolves problems, extends and modifies testing techniques, and/or applies new, innovative, or experimental engineering theories using advanced mathematical techniques to analyze and evaluate engineering testing problems.
* Provides guidance to less advanced engineers and may serve as a team lead on specific projects.
* Typically requires a bachelors degree with an advanced degree desired and a minimum of 10 to 12 years experience in a specific field of test engineering.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI