US-CA-Sunnyvale: SW Test Automation Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
SW Test Automation Engineer:
* Perform duties as an individual contributor and/or team member with 100% hands-on work.
* Design and develop automated system test scripts and unit tests.
* Execute automated, semi-automated, and manual unit test cases, covering system test cases and specifications from software developers.
* Create, maintain, and enhance the automated test framework and environment.
* Participate in test case coverage review and test case design reviews.
* Assist engineering with test case requirements gathering in a fluid and fast-paced development environment.
* Collect test requirements and write manual or automated test procedures.
* Clearly log defects, maintain test data, and monitor test performance over time.
* Investigate incoming bug reports prior to escalating to Software Engineers. Develop and test fixes for smaller bugs, and provide analysis based on data collection and code debugging for issues that must be escalated.
* You will work collaboratively with software engineers, SW QA and technical support teams.
* Bachelor degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
* A minimum of 4-6 years of software testing experience, completing several major projects with multiple release cycles
* At least 2 years of software development experience. Java is preferred.
* Experience with unit testing (e.g. jUnit) and/or automation testing required.
* Experience with design patterns and OO design as applied to test code and frameworks.
•BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree is strongly desired.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI