US-NorthCarolina-Charlotte:Verification and Validation Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Verification and Validation Engineer
* Review technical design documents in accordance with the technical and V&V processes.
* Generate, review, revise, and maintain V&V processes in accordance with the regulatory requirements and industry standards.
* Prepare and develop test specifications and test procedures for software/system testing.
* Perform software and system tests in simulated environments and/or factory/site acceptance tests in remote location.
* Produce V&V evaluation/summary reports providing objective assessments of the design documentation and performance of tests.
* High visibility interface between all members of the development organization and the client as well as outside vendors and organizations.
* Ability to work in a group environment with cross-functional teams is essential.
* Verification and Validation (V&V) activities for existing and new nuclear power plants digital I&C systems.
* Independent review of design documentation prepared by the I&C design organization to provide an independent and objective assessment of the design. Preparation, planning, and development of test specifications and test procedures for performance of software/system validation testing during factory/site acceptance testing.
* All V&V activities will include writing formal assessment or test performance/summary reports at the conclusion of design lifecycle phases.
* BS Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; Experience with C, C++, embedded code required
* Education/labs/experience with software development using ladder diagrams, function block logic diagrams
* Entry level candidates must demonstrate previous coursework in systems engineering, digital design, requirements analysis/management, software design, and software engineering, as applicable.
* Candidates must also demonstrate excellent reading, writing, and communications skills.
* An aptitude for technical problem solving, strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication, experience working in a team environment, and a client service focus are required.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI