US-CO-Broomfield: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
1. Design, implement and lead the software quality initiative through application of best coding practices to the development and use of software and software based systems. Establish standards and procedures for program design. Design test methods and tools for software inspection, verification, validation, and FAA certification. Perform product evaluations during the development lifecycle.
2. Actively participate in engineering meetings to ensure that quality is integrated throughout the product lifecycle from design and development, coding verification, testing verification and validation, certification, and measuring and monitoring post release.
3. Design and implement software development and maintenance processes; monitor and audit configuration management to include baseline control, configuration identification, configuration control, configuration status accounting, and configuration authentication.
4. Responsible for evaluating software products to verify performance of system to specifications and standards and coordinating documentation tasks according to Software Quality Assurance procedures.
5. Identify and document inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs and content from requirements and standards. Report program processing errors, creating trend analysis reports to identify common failure modes where applicable, and recommend changes for improvement to management. Identify and publish best practices to prevent recurrence of common failure modes. Monitor program performance after implementation capture and correct program operating problems.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. Masterís degree preferred.
2. ASQ Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE) is strongly preferred.
3. FAA SW DER and/or FAA experience will receive priority consideration.
4. 5+ years experience as a Software Quality Engineer in product development and launch of electronic products.
5. Demonstrated technical knowledge of software / software quality processes and methodologies including Certification.
6. Demonstrated ability to lead team activities.
7. Ability to train and coach others is a must.
8. Proven complex problem solving skills and use of tools such as 8-D, Fault Tree Analysis, and Fishbone diagrams.
9. Demonstrated success solving complex problems and preventing recurrence.
10. Experience in C/C++ and Java development skills in embedded Linux environments.
11. Demonstrated expertise in Agile software process.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI