US-CA-SanJose: Software QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software QA Engineer
• Develops and executes software test plans.
• Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
• Write test scripts and test tools.
• Automated existing and new test cases.
• Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
• Implement your ideas for evaluation methods in the design, development and debugging of software programs.
• Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
This role involves working on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. We will need you to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• 5 years of formal software testing, manual and automated.
• 3 years of automation scripting and programming, experience with GUI automation tools.
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with MPEG, DVB, TCP/IP.
• Self-driven with strong work ethics. Able to embrace challenging assignments and develop new approaches with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and communication skills. English language is required.
• Experience with embedded s/w testing preferred.
• Experience with standard performance and compliance tools preferred.
• Fast learner of complex technologies.
• Proactive in identifying product & customer issues, and helping to resolve them.
• Ability to analyze problems and propose solutions.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
• C & C++ programming. Python, VB desirable.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI