US-CA-Newark: Database Tester
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
SQA Engineer III (Database Tester)
* Lead the development of database testing (Oracle, Sybase) projects for the SQA team
* Develop and execute test plans and test cases
* Building tools for automating test execution for database components and data validation results
* Identify and construct test scenarios, complex data sets and reusable test components for data-driven regression, functional, unit, and performance/scalability testing
* Design and execute test plans for validating edit checks
* Expert knowledge in developing and executing complex SQL and PL/SQL for testing purposes
* Work closely with system and database developers to create innovative testing processes for database validation
* Understand the testing and documentation requirements unique to a FDA regulated environment (GxP, 21 CFR Part 11)
* Champion SQA best practices and processes
* Ability to drive continual process and quality improvement to always make the next product of higher-quality than the one before
* Mentor team members in database validation and verification methods and test script design
* Communicate and document the test objectives through Test Plans and Test Cases
* Review, analyze, and provide feedback on product/project requirements documents.
* Document defects found during testing, including details on how to reproduce the defect.
* Troubleshooting, defect isolation and reporting.
* Provide resource estimates for assigned components.
* Provide weekly status reports and appropriate, timely communications.
* Provide input about procedure improvements for SQA department
Education: Minimum Bachelors Degree
Experience: 7+ Years
Experience with Quality Assurance and Control methods, and functional and structural testing techniques.
Experience with all phases of the development life cycle.
Extensive experience with SQL and relational databases (Oracle, Sybase).
Ability to read and understand coding languages and logic.
Skills: Good problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and team skills.
Good written and verbal communication skills. Attention to details.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI