US-CA-Irvine: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
* Work with Product Management, Software Development and R&D to ensure network security products meet and exceed marketing requirements, technical specifications and customer expectations.
* Write, approve and execute test plans, test cases, test scenarios and testing methodologies to constantly improve software quality.
* Organize, prioritize and work through the QA activities and guarantee the products will be released on time.
* Provide risk assessment, test schedule, test results and test reports.
* Develop, update and execute test scripts primarily for black-box testing.
* Discover, document and verify fixes to software defects.
* Maintain a QA lab environment with various operating systems and configurations.
* Automate testing scenarios to increase efficiency.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, required.
* Excellent organization, time management, process and team leading experience, required.
* 5-8 years of software testing, required.
* 3-5 years of network administration or network security experience, required.
* Thorough understanding of Windows platforms, required.
* Experience using/maintaining VMWare ESX server required.
* Strong communication skills, oral and written. Must be comfortable communicating with the QA Team, Support, Development, Product Management, VP of Engineering, required.
* Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills, required.
* Testing experience with Web Servers, SQL Server, Network Based applications, required.
* Good understanding of computer security (Vulnerabilities, patches, best practices), required.
* Experience with automated software testing tools, recommended.
* Computer programming experience (VBScript, PHP), recommended.
* Good understanding of the Unix operating systems, helpful.
* CISSP, helpful.
* Microsoft certification, helpful.
* A+ certification, helpful.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI