US-Illinois-Bensenville: Performance Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Performance Test Engineer II-INF000244
The Performance Test Engineer II is involved at some level throughout the entire software development life cycle which includes estimating the performance test effort, reviewing non-functional requirements and compiling performance test results. At the start of a program, the Performance Test Engineer II works with Business Analysts, Application Architects and various Business Partners to ascertain performance requirements. This is followed by close collaboration with application Development Leads, Infrastructure Leads and Testers to develop, review and execute performance test cases. The Performance Test Engineer II has the primary responsibility to determine the scope and plan the performance test approach, develop and execute performance test scripts, record and manage performance defects, and communicate issues, risks and status on a timely basis. The Performance
· Broad knowledge of web technology, including SOA and MVC architecture, plus the ability to quickly ascertain performance risks and propose a performance testing approach.
· Using a standard test strategy and plan templates, able to clearly articulate the performance test strategy, identify performance related risks and mitigation plans. Escalate issues on timely manner to management.
· Develops and executes performance scripts, test scenarios based on performance requirements using HP LoadRunner tool set.
· Do mathematical / statistical and analytical calculations on work load models, volume calculations and performance test
· Utilizes automated testing tools to execute tests when necessary to validate performance.
· Using technical knowledge performs basic root cause analysis on code issues/bugs and consults with the development team or infrastructure team on possible resolution.
· Co-ordinates and execute multiple phases of testing.
· Identifies documents and facilitates resolution and communication of defects, issues and decisions.
· Facilitates meetings with testing team(s), development team, and business owners.
· Responsible for providing estimates to managers and project managers for testing deliverables.
· Document and share new performance test procedures and techniques.
· Reconcile test results from different releases and different test environments.
· Ensure PCI and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, as well as compliance to company and team processes.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI