US-CA-MountainView: Senior Software Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior Software Engineer
* Develop medical device applications for user interaction and control:
* Writes concise requirements specifications, design descriptions, and test plans
* Responsible for overall architecture, design, implementation, testing, and documentation
* Develops multi-threaded software for embedded and desktop applications
* Provide technical leadership and management on small to medium sized projects:
* Directs software development activities
* Coordinates teamwork among other engineering disciplines and other teams.
* Develops and adheres to project schedules and budgets.
* Effectively presents and proactively communicates project status
* Follows company's established product development protocol
* Maintain existing medical device applications
* Troubleshoot/debug software
* Incorporate new features
* Work with CAPA system
* Support software development infrastructure
* Recommend and evaluate software tools and methodologies
* Participate in department design and code reviews
* Enforce coding standards and guidelines
* Participate in ad hoc department committees, e.g., network configuration, branch management, product coordination
* Support product marketing
* Consult with product manager regarding specifications, schedule, budget
* Attend trade shows in a technical support capacity
* Requires a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering/ Computer Science/Biomedical Engineering or equivalent training and experience
Requires 5+ years of experience in software development
* Seasoned knowledge of the software development life cycle including planning, hazard analysis, requirements, architectural design, development, verification and validation testing in a process-driven environment.
* Familiarity with embedded software/firmware, real-time operating systems.
* Experience with Windows operating systems, multi-threaded applications.
* Knowledge of and experience with Medical Software Safety regulations from the FDA, IEC, AAMI, IEEE, and ISO.
* Experience using standard software development tools, system modeling, and source code control systems
* Knowledge of documentation control systems
* Experience serving as technical lead on subprojects, potentially including budgets, resource, schedule, and risk management
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI