US-WA-Bothell: The Software Engineer in Test SDET
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
The Software Engineer in Test SDET
• Implement test methodologies best practices as defined by departmental standards.
• Contribute to a vision of future state of Test Automation -- where should we go and how to get there?
• Be responsible for testing of a product, including writing the test plans, test cases, automated scripts, test code, and testing the complete application from the UI through to the backend.
• Maintain strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
• Broad understanding of quality engineering principles and test development methodologies.
• Expertise in risk-based analysis of what items to test, as well as how to test them.
• Ability to leverage experience to deliver reliable, secure and efficient automation with designs that are extensible and reusable.
• Strong skills in OO design and programming languages.
• Solid Understanding of SQL and knowledge of RDBMS.
• Knowledge of testing tools & reporting services, quality metrics, code coverage and application performance KPI
• Ability to craft Detailed Test Scenarios & Cases and prioritize them based on customer needs, business objectives and associated risks.
• Capability to troubleshoot complex issues and provide solutions to hard problems.
• Willingness to perform Manual testing as needed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to Multi-task and adapt to changing requirements/processes with Analytical Skills.
• 3-5 years experience in testing methodology, automation and whitebox testing with at least 2 years in an SDET/SEIT role.
• Experience designing and deploying test automation framework and harnesses.
• Experience with performance testing and tools.
• Previous experience with variety of automation test tools such as Webrat, Selenium, etc.
• Experience in software test design, implementation and shipping quality enterprise class of products.
• Solid experience in Ruby on Rails or .NET technology, C#, XML, HTTP Protocols, ASP.NET, Web Services and relational databases and Mac, Linux, or Windows environments.
• Exposure to agile methodology and working on agile teams and TDD.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or related technical discipline) is required.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI