US-WA-Seattle: Senior Software Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior Software Test Engineer
* Work closely with product managers, UI designers and developers to plan, build and test high quality and beautiful user interfaces and video players.
* Work with product management to identify use case scenarios and create and execute test plans to validate those use cases.
* Work intimately with development engineers to strategize and implement development approaches that ensure reliability, performance and quality.
* Identify and implement ways to minimize the need and time to manually execute regression tests. Help build our automated integration and regression test suite.
* Plan and execute the systems, reliability, performance and scalability tests that will ensure the features meet the needs of thousands of publishers and millions of video viewers.
* Design, implement and/or adapt test frameworks to support the automation strategy.
* Influence the development and quality processes of an action oriented Agile engineering organization.
* Work with 3rd party integrators or vendors to organize testing requirements and plan testing strategies.
* Work together with the whole project team to validate the quality of our releases.
* Work with developers to identify root causes of issues and prevent recurrences of bugs.
* MS/BS in Computer Science or related preferred
* 5+ years of experience in Software QA
* 2+ years Software QA experience in an n-tier Java/Linux environment (Apache, Tomcat, Oracle)
* Knowledge of, or experience with, Content Delivery Networks, Video platforms and/or Video players is highly desireable
* Significant experience developing automation within QA test frameworks - ideally with nunit frameworks
* Experience in coding in Java or similar object oriented language is required
* Good knowledge of Internet/Web technologies including web browsers, http, html and xml
* Experience testing flash and/or flex based UI's is desirable
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI