US-CA-SanDiego: Software QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software QA Engineer
* Work on a variety of software applications developed in MS SQL Server, MS C#.Net and ASP.NET environments.
* Create and validate test data for functional components of software applications.
* Identify defects/bugs and communicate with the developers.
* Execute manual and automated test cases, analyze results, report and track defects, verify fixes and perform follow-up work to resolve issues.
* Collect basic information needed to analyze a problem, situation or issue.
* Perform analysis, following the correct steps and using the appropriate tools, observing and seeking guidance from senior staff when necessary.
* Seek information on past experiences and assists others in applying these lessons to solve problems.
* Identify implications/conclusions from the logical analysis of a routine situation or issue.
* Provide support to process improvement of the IT department and other interfacing areas.
* Create, write and execute test plans for manual and/or automated tests.
* Demonstrate strong understanding of functional goals and sound knowledge of technical areas within project scope; apply knowledge in developing basic solutions.
* Serve as a credible resource to others; answers questions pertaining to a specific area of expertise.
* Effectively communicate technical knowledge and validate understanding of others.
* Bachelorís degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred.
* 3 -5 years of professional experience in QA techniques, QA statistics, quality management, software engineering or relevant QA experience.
* Basic knowledge of programming and development in C#, ASP.NET and other MS languages and working with .NET Framework.
* A working understanding of Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing principles and standards.
* Understanding of software design principles and practices.
* Knowledge of operating systems such as MS Windows XP and 2007.
* Some experience with SQL databases.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI