US-MA-Burlington: QA Developer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
QA Developer - Web Application Scanning
* Configure and run dynamic scanners/web vulnerability scanners to test web applications
* Conduct expert review of analysis engine output in order to drive continuous improvement
* Determine trends/patterns in engine and scan accuracy and provide feedback as appropriate to the engine and scripting teams Interact with customers to further refine the review process via mutual knowledge transfer
* Achieve acceptable levels of analysis quality and throughput, as defined by internal metrics
* 3-5+ years experience in software QA or application security testing
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Expert knowledge of SQL, Python and/or Perl development.
* Experience with testing web applications
* Knowledge of common web application security vulnerabilities
* Experience with common quality assurance and testing procedures that follow software engineering industry best practices
* Proficiency with Linux and Windows operating environments
* Solid understanding of software life cycle and fundamentals of system testing
* Strong analytical, design and problem solving skills
* Ability to learn and adapt and the ability to assimilate new technologies quickly is a must.
* Self-motivated, results driven, and able to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
* Java development experience
* Knowledge of SOAP
* Ability to create and deploy test web applications in many languages/frameworks, i.e., Flash, PHP, ASP.NET, JSP, Python, Ruby, etc.
* Amazon Cloud computing knowledge.
* Familiarity with automated testing tools, QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution
* Experience in writing detailed test plans and conducting test plan reviews with project team members
* Previous start-up or small company experience or experience working on a small team within a larger organization.
* Previous experience and/or knowledge of Application Security, OWASP, and other security related standards and technologies.
* Exposure mobile technologies a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI