US-VA-Dulles: Principal Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Principal Test Engineer
- Experience in the deployment, assembly, operation, maintenance, test, and troubleshooting of ground stations for satellite communications systems at the system level, subsystem level, and component level, including indoor and outdoor equipment.
- Experience in executing test and certification procedures.
- Familiarity with RF and communications test equipment for performance measurement and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of computer networks, especially Internet Protocol-based systems, and the network appliances that comprise them (eg, routers, switches).
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems, particularly Windows and Linux, and their applications.
- Experience with the installation of rack-mounted hardware and cable routing, satellite reflector antennas and associated hardware, and the tools required for installing and maintaining this equipment.
- Well-organized, dependable, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment focused on satisfying the customer's mission. Should be a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, prioritize tasking, and work with minimal supervision. Ability to work alone or in a small team in the field.
- Available for occasional periods of extended travel (typically 1-2 weeks but may be as long as 4-6 weeks on some trips). Occasional periods of shift work (evening or night) will be required.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience with experience in satellite ground station deployment, operation, test, and maintenance.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI