US-MA: Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Test Engineer 3
Work closely with the software and hardware teams to develop and execute product verification, high availability, and scalability tests for high-performance network routers. Create directed tests based upon examination of system software, hardware designs, and functional specifications. Determine or develop related software, tools, and methodologies to assure conformance to the product requirements. The successful candidate will be expected to produce associated test automation in PERL.
- Experience in networking protocols (e.g., BGP, OSPF, ISIS, multicast, MPLS, LDP, BFD, L2VPN, L3VPN, IPv6), their configuration, and deployment.
- Experience with PPP and/or DHCP.
- Understanding of the underlying Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols and other tunneling mechanisms (e.g., GRE, IPsec, VLANs).
- Experience in characterizing router performance capability in network simulation scenarios a plus.
- Proficient problem-solving skills in the diagnosis and resolution of software issues.
- Excellent communication skills -- both verbal and written.
- Excellence in working with teams, both remote and local.
- Proficiency in PERL or TCL; proficiency in other programming languages and UNIX OS is desirable.
- A BS in CS/EE, is required
- 2+ years related experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI