US-CA-Calabasas: SR QA Engineer II
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
SR QA Engineer II
* Required to translate Marketing (FRD/PRD) use cases in test scenarios; Required to define System Test scenarios
* Required to maintain up to date documentation (TP/TC)
* Required to provide input in customer support escalations.
* Detailed understanding of BGP, LDP, MPLS, L3/L2 VPN, MVPN, IGMP, MLD, RIP/RIPng and VPLS technologies
* Required to provide technical supervision for up to 3 QAEs; able to prioritize and implement priorities
* Responsible for coordinating several major features: accurate effort estimation, progress tracking and status reporting.
* Required to monitor progress for a minor release (Patch, Hot Fix) and flag up any delays; able to suggest mitigation plans
* Able to identify SW/HW needs for feature testing; provide input for Capex requirements
* Advanced automation knowledge (scripting language, automation harness). Able to suggest and implement automation methods.
* Strong knowledge about tools and debug techniques; Required to provide guidance and coordination to junior team members.
* Required to communicate in clear and concise manner with peers (QA/DEV/PM/Support groups).
* Able to participate and provide input in bug scrubs (together with DEV/PM)
* Bugs: Root cause isolation, steps to reproduce, problem description, proper logs and files attached.
* Level of independence:
* Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* No supervision needed on technical aspects, occasional mentoring for personal growth, ability to supervise other QAEs
* Typical Experience: 6+ Years
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI