US-TX-Austin: Senior QA Analyst
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior QA Analyst
* Identify, analyze, and document defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, and content using independent judgment.
* Identify program variances from standards and suggest modifications to conform using technical skill and judgment.
* Respond to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functions and operations of the software programs.
* Must be a self-starter who is able to overcome obstacles and excel in a team environment
* Motivated and willing to learn about a new business domain and be willing to explore new technologies and trends
* Should have knowledge regarding website design and usability
* Excellent analytical and communication skills
* Must be able to effectively communicate across business/technical boundaries
* Experience with automated test tools such as Selenium, Quick Test Pro, SilkTest, WatiN/WatiR, Visual Studio Team System, or equivalent is strongly preferred.
* Experience writing and using SQL queries is strongly preferred.
* Experience with a modern programming language - Java, C#, strongly preferred
* Strong background in Windows platform will be preferred.
* Able to work independently and with small focused teams in a fast paced, aggressive environment.
* Persistent "can-do" attitude, aggressive work ethic, and "hustle" mentality.
* Passion for quality of the software being developed
* 7+ years as a QA or 5+ years in development/systems administrator
* 5+ year using SQL Server and writing SQL Queries.
* 5+ years experience with Test Automation using QTP.
* Familiar with the Agile methodology for SDLC
* Bachelorís degree from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI