US-VA-Alexandria: Test Automation/Software Engineer in Test
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
QA Engineer (Test Automation/Software Engineer in Test)
• Anticipate problems before they happen.
• Manually test web, mobile and server side functions developed by our software engineers during each iteration.
• Execute and enhance automated regression tests.
• Reproducing hard to fine bugs reported by front line support.
• Occasionally work with the Ops team during system maintenance.
• Work to improve our Dev team practices.
• Working as a part of an Agile Scrum development team including participation in daily scrum, iteration planning, demo and retrospectives, and meeting with product owners to make sure stories are acceptable.
• 3+ years experience testing web software and a technical bachelors degree (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems), or a combination of experience and education.
• 1+ years test automation experience for the web applications. Preferred: test automation utilizing BDD frameworks, Selenium, WebDriver, Rspec, WATIR, Cucumber or Capybara.
• 1+ years experience scripting with Ruby, Bash, shell scripting.
• Experience with developing and maintaining test automation frameworks
• Experience with test case development and execution.
• Proficiency when it comes to working from the UNIX or LINUX command line.
• Proficient in SQL.
• Experience with QA tools including bug tracking software, test plans, test cases and results reporting
• Ability to effectively communicate with engineering and operations.
• Ability to travel 10% for conferences and meetings
• Flexible to occasionally work late, evenings, or weekends. This is not the norm, as we believe in a sustained pace.
• A good sense of consumer user-interface design
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI