US-Chicago: Quality Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
* Effectively interacts with customers, sales, suppliers, production, planning, engineering and purchasing to maintain product quality and facilitate introduction of new products.
* Responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and communication with vendors regarding any quality issues.
* Ensures supplier development processes and procedures are completed as required to ensure a proactive approach to improving quality.
* Manage corrective actions, preventive actions and continuous improvement regarding supplier’s performance.
* Perform supplier audits.
* Ensures compliance to Richardson quality, environmental, health and safety standards.
* Reviews all First Article Inspection Reports for completeness and conformance to customer requirements.
* Performs internal audits and participates in customer and ISO-9001 quality audits.
* Develops and implements inbound product and outgoing product test and inspection plans to optimize resource and quality needs. Ensures process is in place and utilized to track and communicate supplier item revisions.
* Reviews all documentation for completeness and accuracy as part of the SCO process.
* Implements Statistical Process Controls or other statistical methods where appropriate.
ASQ certification (CQE) or a formal Quality or technical degree and/or 3–5 years related work experience, with 3-5+ years of ISO 9000 experience, good knowledge of statistics, electromechanical assemblies and can use basic measuring equipment. Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel are required. Knowledge of MS Access, Visio and Minitab Statistical Software is a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI