US-NY-NewYork: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
* Responsible for working with software developers in order to help develop robust test plans for problems and enhancements.
* Responsible for designing and writing automated test scripts as well as implementing regression testing for large scale software solutions.
* Responsible for consulting and coordinating with Development managers and the Build Manager on product and release goals.
* Responsible for thoroughly testing all software releases, coordinating test activities and effectively communicating the results of the quality assurance tests.
* Responsible for implementing and executing a regression testing process to ensure that each software product is fully functional before its official release.
* Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field
* Candidate must possess 3-5 years of prior Software Quality Assurance experience, which must include developing regression tests and writing automated test scripts on Linux/Unix.
* Advanced knowledge and broad understanding of computer systems and software standards
* Experience working within a formal software development lifecycle methodology
* Candidate must have experience testing web-based applications and service-based solutions.
* Scripting skills in the Unix/Linux environment (shell, perl, etc.)
* Experience with Sybase or other major database system and/or VBA/VB# is desired but not required
* Candidate must be detail-oriented with strong organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI