US-IL-DownersGrove: QA Analyst
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
* Develop test plans, define and create test scenarios, execute test scripts, assess test results, and report defects as directed.
* Help move test cases from manual execution to automation.
* Mentor and provide technical leadership to less experienced QA engineers.
* Effectively work with development to gather requirements when no BA is available.
* Work with software development teams as needed to develop and better integrate automated testing tools and test harnesses as required.
* Work with software engineers as needed to identify and resolve defects.
* Other responsibilities assigned based upon business need.
* 5+ years of software validation experience, including all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle.
* 2+ years of experience creating, maintaining, and executing automated test scripts using professional quality custom developed or industry standard tools.
* Understanding and experience validating web- and non-web based multi-tiered Microsoft or Java applications.
* Experience with MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server and related database and query analysis tools.
* Fundamental understanding of Microsoft and Linux based Operating Systems.
* Knowledge of QA processes, methodologies, and industry best practices.
* Ability to see the business application beyond the software requirements.
* Demonstrated skills in validating high-quality applications in reduced cycle-time environments.
* Demonstrated experience in continuously improving product quality.
* Experience in Agile or Extreme Programming environments.
* BS computer science or related degree.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI