US-Washongton: Manager, Performance Test
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Manager, Performance Test
* Interact with project managers, software designers and developers, testers, and customers to define and develop use cases and/or testing scenarios to assure adequate testing to establish confidence the services will perform as required during production operations.
* Lead and coordinate testing plans with project managers, functional test, performance testers, and customers to ensure work is consistent with development and deployment schedules
* Test and report the responsiveness, throughput, reliability, and/or scalability of the service to meet the required workload.
* Document and report on test plan development, testing progress and status, defects, and testing costs. Use meaningful metrics to support continuous performance test process improvement.
* Collaborate with the architectural, engineering and development teams to identify the overall production environment volumetric, participate in capacity engineering, and lead the validation and verification of the solutions.
* Lead infrastructural performance tuning to established the performance baseline for operating systems, network, servers (application, web, database, load balancer, etc.), and message queuing software in the performance test environment.
* Analyze and use production volumetric data to create the non-functional performance requirements used as inputs for both load testing and stress testing of systems during the performance test activities.
* Participate in root-cause analysis of performance problems and conduct tests to support, verify and validate performance tuning for optimization.
* Collaborate with the architectural, engineering and development teams to identify performance-oriented best practices.
* Manage the performance test environment, automated test scripts, tools and resources available to the performance test team to ensure performance tests accurately emulate the production environment and indicate production performance.
* Evaluate tools and required resources to fully emulate and test performance to include exercising exception paths, fail-over and partial failure scenarios.
* Participate in a planned program of professional development to remain current with industry and technology developments.
* Undertake other duties as assigned.
* Bachelorís degree, preferably computer related plus 7 years experience in software quality assurance or software development
* 3-5 years of performance test experience using testing diagnostic tools
* 2 -3 years of testing leadership in an application development or testing environment, as well as supervisory experience
* 2-3 years experience with performance requirements and capacity design specification methods
* Demonstrated analytical and diagnostic skills required
* Familiarity with current technologies is required; especially in complex, transaction-intensive web-based systems utilizing SOA techniques preferably implemented using Java, XML and Web Services.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI