US-WA-Seattle: Software Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software Test Engineer
* Design and execute black/gray/white box tests for application testing.
* Create and review test plans, test cases, test metrics, and other software QA documents to ensure sufficient test coverage based on requirements and specifications.
* Develop test cases and procedures based on undocumented legacy systems
* Gather/assemble test data.
* Represent software QA at requirements reviews, design reviews, and defect triage meetings.
* Serve as liaison with users to assist acceptance and beta testing efforts.
* Construct complete/thorough manual and automated test cases based on test design and in-depth knowledge of the application and its environment.
* Design, build, and automate test cases for performance and reliability testing.
* Execute and interpret the results of manual and automated tests at both the application program and user interface layers.
* Participate in root cause analysis for defects and provides process improvement suggestions to eliminate future occurrences of similar defects.
* Education: Bachelorís degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science or related area.
* Experience: Five or more years experience in complex software application QA/Testing, including experience testing applications developed with the following technologies: C/C++, C#, Java.
* Good understanding of SQL databases and simple query development.
* Hands on experience with tools and technologies for test case planning/management and defect tracking. Experience with TestTrack suite preferred.
* Good understanding of how to design test automation and when the application of automation will make the test process more efficient.
* Knowledge of software development lifecycles and how they pertain to software validation and quality assurance.
* In-Depth knowledge of all phases and stages of software testing (Function, System, Integration, Data Validation, User acceptance, Scalability, Performance, Stress, and Load).
* Experience writing program documentation to include: test plans, test reports, and document reviews.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI