US: Automation Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Automation Test Engineer
* Plan, design, execute, and evaluate performance tests of applications and services to ensure optimal performance.
* Consult project teams on load/performance/stress and functional test strategies and best practices, scenario creation and test designs, virtual user and ramp-up strategies, test data creation, etc..
* Customize and troubleshoot scripts as necessary, configure recording and run-time settings, capture dynamic data and design error handling strategies.
* Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
* Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills – Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or computer science
* At least 5 years of Quality Assurance experience required; experience in a retail environment preferred
* At least 1-3 years of experience as a Automation Test Engineer required
* Expert understanding of the effects of enhancements tested on downstream processes
* Develop/enhance and document automated testing methodology. Design a solid automation framework where test scripts are reusable and easily maintained. Perform identification and implementation of the automation framework, environment, approach, and methodologies which will be used for automated testing
* Working knowledge of the software life cycle
* Experience testing SOA and component-based architecture.
* Working knowledge of XML, web/WCF services, and web-based technologies
* Object-oriented programming experience (ideally .NET/C#)
* Experience using data driven tests to validate API calls in large .NET n-tier architectures.
* Experience with automated testing tools for SOA, preferably Visual Studio 2010.
* Experience writing light weight SQL statements and database testing skills (Microsoft SQL Server is preferred)
* White box API and/or unit testing experience would be a plus.
* Experience writing automated tests in a Continuous Integration (CI) systems is preferred
* Proficient with Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook, Project and Word
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI