US-NY-WhitePlains: Sr. Quality Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Sr. Quality Engineer
* Oversee the management of service contracts related to the QA function including, but not limited to: external quality assurance services, corrosion and coatings inspection and consultation service.
* Participate in committees that address QA activities within the Operations Unit and participate in external professional and industry committees/organization including EPRI, and Doble User Groups.
* Ability to plan and conduct QA oversight and program evaluations of vendor quality affecting activities including design, fabrication, inspection and testing.
* Ability to participate in teams and implement process improvements. Must be an independent thinker and have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be able to establish and maintain credibility with peers and operating location personnel to execute the objectives of the QA policies, standards and practices.
* Ability to deliver clear and concise presentations, conduct audits and prepare surveillance reports for vendor and power plant outage activities.
* Possess superb communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to climb, work at high elevations and work in confined spaces. Must be able to perform work while wearing safety equipment and be able to lift/move inspection and test equipment.
* Bachelor?s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
* 10+ years of applicable experience in areas such as design, engineering, auditing, quality assurance, operations and/or plant maintenance and renewable energy.
* Working knowledge of electric utility operations; electrical, mechanical, transmission systems maintenance and coating inspections and safety practices.
* Ability to obtain other QA-related certifications.
* Must be capable of maintaining knowledge of new scientific methods and developments for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis or content of the Authority's QA policies, standards and practices.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI