US-Colorado-Denver: QA ANALYST
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
QA ANALYST II
* Conducts quality assurance testing and analysis on small to medium-sized projects to ensure that the applications systems function properly and according to business standards and end-user specifications and requirements. Participate with other quality assurance associates in quality assurance testing and analysis on more complex or large projects to ensure that the applications system functions properly and according to business requirements and end-user requirements.
* Participates in walkthrough meetings on the development of, or changes within software application systems. Understands the general nature of software application systems including its purpose, paramters, and perceived capabilities and develops test plans, conditions, and cases used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge to ensure they function properly.
* Effectively documents any problems resulting from the testing of software application systems. Ensures that all problems are communicated to all members of the project team including programmers, project analysts, and/or quality assurance analysts. Provides further documentation to note when problems were resolved.
* Re-tests original problems to ensure their resolution. Provides further documentation to note when problems were resolved or if others were discovered.
* Quickly learns and adapts to new applications. Develops and documents testing procedures for application testing. Should be able to troubleshoot application issues.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Should be able to prioritize and work on multiple testing assignments at the same time.
* Assists lower level positions in understanding and completing work assignments. May manage small to medium sized projects. Proactively resolves open issues.
* Participates in training classes to improve testing and business systems skills.
* Complies, communicates, and enforces standards wherever applicable in all assignments. Contributes in developing process improvements and shares process ideas. Understands Business Unit goals and priorities.
* Communicates effectively with managers, senior developers and both technical and non-technical associates. Facilitates meetings and leads walkthroughs.
* Performs any administrative duties as required by position.
* Maintains awareness of the financial impact on the department regarding process improvements, testing efficiency, etc.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelorís degree in Business Administration, general Management Information Systems, or related field, or a combination of work in a general business environment and educational experience that demonstrates work associated with independently testing small to medium-sized application systems.
* Typically, incumbents have from 3-5 years direct experience functioning in a quality assurance environment.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI