US-OR-Portland: Quality Assurance Manager
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Quality Assurance Manager
* Define scope of QA projects to ensure the schedule is reasonable and achievable with the constraints assigned.
* Proactively drive QA project execution to deliver on time.
* Estimate and develop test plans for release projects based on marketing requirements and development specifications.
* Develop test specifications and perform test execution, defect filing and verification.
* Deliver test report for each product release and perform test automation and reporting.
* Maintain communication between QA and development with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
* Develop, recommend, and maintain QA methodologies and processes.
* Create and maintain quality system documents and records to ensure requirement traceability.(Such as test plans, procedures, forms, templates, spreadsheets, presentations, test reports, project metrics)
* Plan test configurations based upon software and hardware requirements.
* Deploy emerging software and hardware testing technology and tools.
* Assign testing tasks to appropriately skilled QA engineer team members and resolve resource contention by mentoring and providing guidance and direction to lead them to success.
* Resolve and keep track of customer QA escalations.
* Motivate, mentor, and train team members to lead them to success.
* Provides timely feedback to employees including annual performance reviews.
* Formal quality assurance/system testing methodologies, including software development cycles, testing processes and standards.
* Fundamental knowledge of networking, internet and web applications.
* Knowledge of automated testing methods and technologies.
* Strong testing experience on Windows platform.
* Testing experience with embedded Linux systems.
* Testing experience of enterprise systems and network management applications.
* Experience with network packet generator and analysis tools (Anritsu, Phabrix, Ixia, Spirent.)
* Strong knowledge of server management technologies; including SSH, SNMP, TACACS+, RADIUS.
* Administrative/development level of experience with Unix, Linux and Windows.
* Hands-on engineering lab experience on server, network configuration and IT infrastructure.
* Relational (SQL) database programming, MySQL a plus.
* Ability to manage senior engineers, build relationships, balance team and individual responsibilities, and exhibit objectivity and openness to otherís views.
* BSCS/EE degree and/or the equivalent in training and experience.
* 7+ years as a software quality assurance engineer plus 2 + years in a software quality assurance lead role.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI