US-TX-Grapevine: Senior QA Analyst
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior QA Analyst
* Develop detailed test scenarios & cases from business requirements and technical specifications.
* Incorporate a thorough understanding of business requirements, functional specifications, and technical designs into testing system solutions.
* Maintain traceability between test documentation and requirements.
* Execute test cases, and report progress and issues in a timely and accurate manner.
* Identify, record, and report defects.
* Conduct root cause analysis of identified defects, providing development/business partners with sufficient detail to understand, replicate and resolve the defect.
* Track defects to closure.
* Provide estimates and feedback to the QA Manager for project scheduling purposes.
* Create and/or collect metrics for each project, and provide QA Management and Executive Management with consistent and quality status reporting.
* Adhere to established testing methodology and effectively leverage tools that support the methodology.
* Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
* Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
* Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills – Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
* High school diploma or GED required; accredited Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other technically related field preferred
* At least 5 years of Quality Assurance experience required; at least 1 year of QA experience in a retail environment preferred
* Expert understanding of the effects of enhancements tested on downstream processes
* Proficient ability to understand and execute test scripts and automated testing solutions
* Working knowledge of the software life cycle
* Proficient ability to create and execute test scripts against technical requirements and general regression testing
* Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English including the ability to provide clear, constructive feedback to team members
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI