US-MD-Columbia: Senior Software Tester - Lead
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior Software Tester - Lead
* Work closely with the Test Manager and internal project management to plan, schedule, risk identification and mitigation and manage the operational and system testing activities. These activities include managing system validation through test preparation and test execution of system, integration, and IV&V level testing.
* Plans or oversees the planning of the system and acceptance tests and coordinates the execution of these plans.
* Utilizing MS Project work with Team Manager to establish resource allocation and staffing plans including milestone dates, develop test plans, test schedules, and provide time-and-effort estimates for the system validation activities and testing components to be performed.
* Developed, capture and track Test Metrics that measure the health of the project and provide weekly status to Senior Management and Project Executive Management.
* Manages all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
* Provides authoritative advice and guidance to colleagues on any aspect of testing, including training for testers and other developers where appropriate.
* Plans, arranges and controls team meetings and relations across functional teams.
* Takes responsibility for all phases of testing and the management of the testing activities within a development project.
* Conduct detailed analysis of test results found through both manual and automated testing
* Investigate and propose methods and standards for continuous process improvement.
* Takes responsibility for the production and approval of all testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones during a project.
* Aggressive attention to detail.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Ability to thoroughly document and convey risks and issues.
* Ability to think, organize, plan and analyze logically.
* Ability to be lead and manage according to changing demands and priorities.
* Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies and implement best practices according to feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* 5 years applications and systems development testing experience on databases and web based applications
* BS/BA with major in information systems, computer science, engineering or technical equivalent
* Experienced in a variety of software development methodologies, project management, and configuration management methods and procedures
* Experience with defect tracking or change management systems (i.e. Quality Center).
* Experience with various Software Testing methods (i.e. Black Box, White Box, Error Processing, Navigation, etc.)
* Experience with web-base and data validation systems
* Good grasp of Microsoft 2000 Office Products and a solid technical background that includes a general familiarity with programming logic, shadowing capability, and technical client support.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI