US-TX-Plano: Software Quality Assurance Tester
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software Quality Assurance Tester
· Responsible for creating, executing, documenting, and maintaining test plans, automated test scripts and manual test of GUI applications.
· Creates detailed test cases, test scripts, and test data based on requirements and functional specs.
· Writes training, troubleshooting and release documentation in support of software system implementations
· PC literacy, with high level of proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications.
· Knowledge of .NET Framework 3.0/3.5/4.0
· Experience with web development tools such as Expressions Web, FrontPage, and/or Dreamweaver.
· Knowledge of IIS, and general web development.
· Experience with Web Services, SOAP, and XML is a plus.
· Experience with all Microsoft OS packages is required.
· Desire to learn continuously
· Ability to absorb and apply copious amounts of technical information
· Ability to provide effective instruction to adult, professional students
· Ability to establish quickly a strong rapport with others
· Ability to work effectively as a team member, taking direction when necessary
· Ability to manage others in the context of deadlines and competing demands
· Ability to communicate effectively, using strong active listening skills to maximize understanding of different customer environments
· Ability to use information effectively and apply good judgment in solving problems
· Willingness to keep management appraised of potential areas of concern, escalating when necessary
· Ability to complete administrative tasks consistently and on time
· Flexibility and willingness to help others as needed
· Ability and willingness to work non-traditional schedules at times
· BS degree and 2-7 years related experience in QA/software testing.
· 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance testing activities: (Structural, Functional, Interface, Installation, Hardware, Performance, Scalability and Regression Testing)
· 2+ years of experience in Automation testing tools: VS2010, Visual Test, WinRunner, Quick Test Pro, Test Complete or Test Director
· Strong skills in analysis, design, QA test planning and execution testing of Client/Server and Web based applications
· Comprehensive knowledge of relational databases and Microsoft SQL Server
· Knowledge of Microsoft technologies (.Net architecture), and Team Foundation Server
· Knowledge of Scrum methodology (Agile Development/QA Methodologies)
· Knowledge of Microsoft and VMWARE system virtualization and deployment server configuration and usage is a plus
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI