US-MA-Boston: Agile Tester-Developer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
* Educating, coaching and mentoring other team members on “defect prevention” rather than just “defect detection” agile testing practices and tools.
* Understand the Quality Standards and support Gale’s adoption of Agile through assimilation of QA practices in the development of low-to-no defect products
o Collaborate with the agile teams to understand requirements and plan testing efforts to complement and facilitate effective execution of development projects.
o Considering a fluid agile environment, business and technical requirements, risk and schedule needs, provide QA level of effort estimates for larger development projects.
o As an integral agile team member, collaborate with developers to develop test plans, automated and manual tests, test code, test scripts and review and improve test plans and code design
* Understand user behavior and ensure product usability as guided through Gale’s usability standards
* Ensure product accessibility as guided through Gale’s accessibility standards
* Helping to steer a team of agile testers, developers and business users toward collaborative, comprehensive testing that results in the highest quality software.
* Working with and coaching developers to more easily create automated GUI and integration tests.
* Coordinate all aspects of QA and testing for larger projects
o Appropriate to each project, develop and execute test strategy, test plans, test cases, acceptance testing and test scripts
o Create automation scripts for all aspects of functional testing using Cucumber, FitNesse and/or TestNG and Selenium and other QA tools as required
o Be flexible and creative in handling multiple activities and contentions in priorities.
* Helping foster an environment where automated GUI and integration tests complement developer unit testing in ensuring the quality of large scale solutions
* Collaboration with developers in creating testable "Definition of Done" acceptance criteria for all phases of development
* Designing test plans collaboratively with developers and business users early on in the iteration so as to guide development
* Designing tests that clearly convey the business rules and code they are checking (i.e., Storytests or Automated Acceptance Tests), so that both business users and developers can understand their intentions.
* Continuously asking questions of both developers and business users to ensure the test suite is comprehensive.
* Performing manual exploratory testing of new and existing features
* Developing, creating, and executing performance test plans and test cases which reflect expected usage.
o Mining usage logs and creating scripts that reflect true customer usage of our systems.
* Manage defect tracking and defect maintenance and perform defect root cause analysis
* Coordinate with Customer Support Center.
* Embrace continuous process and practice improvement
o Researching New Tools and Superior Practices and suggesting new tools and processes for the agile team
* Thorough understanding of the software development process and all aspects of Agile Quality Assurance.
* A 4 year degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
* Pay great attention to detail
* Experience writing tests in Java, JUnit, in an IDE like Eclipse (or similar unit testing experience. in a different language/IDE)
o Solid OO programming and design skills
o An understanding of the principles in creating easily modifiable and extensible automated test suites
* Experience using test automation frameworks ie: Cucumber, FitNesse, TestNG, and Selenium
* The courage to drive exploratory testing to find better ways to produce high-quality software
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI