US-MA-Braintree: Principal Software Quality Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Principal Software Quality Engineer
• Responsible for project estimating and planning of software verification activities, tracking project progress, reporting to management, and taking corrective action as needed.
• Maintains and troubleshoots nightly build process in a cross development environment.
• Manages defect tracking database.
• Conducts product and/or component test in determining compliance to design requirements, including generation and approval of protocols and reports.
• Works with all Project Managers, Functional Managers and Engineers on product development, specification and enhancements.
• Implements automated testing where possible to improve overall efficiency of the development process.
• Participates in the creation/maintenance of the Software V&V Plan, specifically around areas such as static code analysis, unit testing, integration testing and code reviews.
• Leads the creation/maintenance of test cases and test scripts for static code analysis, unit testing and integration testing (manual and/or automated).
• Participates in code reviews, design reviews, document reviews, defect reviews and regression analysis.
• Tracks responsible plan items and defects.
• Develops testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
• As a Software QA/Software Tester, responsible for full test lifecycle, including writing test documentation, estimation reports, test plans, scripts, conditions and progress and completion reports.
• Assures the appropriate level of quality through the resolution of important defects by working with developers to ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of testing.
• BS degree in systems engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or biomedical engineering
• 8+ years relevant experience of which at least 5 years Systems V&V experience in an FDA-regulated environment or equivalent combination of education and experience on complex embedded systems electrical design/development
• Must have a good Understanding of Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing principles and standards
• Working knowledge and expertise of QA tools and SCM tools such as QTP, SVN, Test Director etc.
• Experience using automated requirements tracking software such as DOORS
• Experience using project tracking software such as MS Project
• Experience with FDA cGMP/QSR, CE Marking or ISO 9001/ ISO 13485 design controls is desired
• Works well both as a team leader and as part of a team
• Must be able to interact effectively with customers, vendors, contract employees, professional peers, and management
• Proficient in C and C++ embedded programming
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI