US-CA-SanDiego: Senior QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior QA Engineer
* Review business requirements and functional specification documents to build QA deliverables such as master test plan, test strategy and test cases.
* Functional, regression, performance, smoke, integration testing of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
* Provide weekly status reports about the testing progress as well as the status of defects
* Coordinate defect meetings and support the User Acceptance Testing
* Creation of automated regression test scripts using Mercury*s Quick Test Pro
* Identify, record and report software development defects to the project team.
* Delegate and monitor tasks assigned to other QA team members
* Mentoring and training QA Engineers on software development lifecycle processes and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and at least 5 years experience in similar positions
* Experience testing Internet/Intranet web based and MS Windows client/server applications.
* Knowledge and experience using automated testing tools and techniques.
* Thorough understanding of software development life cycle processes.
* Thorough understanding of different testing methodologies and their proper application.
* Experience analyzing requirements for ambiguity and testability.
* Experience developing and reviewing test plans, test cases and test scripts.
* Experience diagnosing (including root cause analysis) of defects
* Experience validating backend systems and data (using database queries and/or validating XML files)
* Ability to query application databases using SQL syntax.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI