US-NY-Amherst: QA Senior Analyst
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
QA Senior Analyst
* Provide input to test plans, strategies, estimates and schedules.
* Independently define, develop, maintain and execute test scripts on time and in accordance with project timelines and Aetnas delivery methodology.
* Leverage existing system and regression test scripts/cases.
* Identify, mine and/or create test data.
* Conduct walk-through of test scripts/cases and test results to obtain sign-off from internal QA team, development and business partners.
* Identify and escalate issues and risks. Actively participate in meetings to address, research options and define best approach.
* Own defects from identification to closure. Identify, record, and track defects. Actively participating in defect resolution. Define and execute retest cases/scripts/data.
* Represent QA organization at project meetings to discuss status and defects for responsible area; assess impacts and provide input into schedule revisions.
* Proactively manage to assigned schedule and report status against plan.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* Significant experience with software project life cycles.
* Experience with automated test tools, modeling tools, test validation tools, change management tools, metrics tools and test case generation techniques is desirable.
* Experience with SQL Server
* Proven ability to write test scripts and test plans.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and support multiple projects, across multiple releases, simultaneously.
* Ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce in a matrixed environment.
* Experience with offshore/onshore vendors.
* Excellent analytical ability, judgment, negotiation, teamwork and written and verbal communication skills.
* 5+ years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI