US-TX-Houston: Quality Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
• Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineer and Quality Control Technicians to sha.
• Investigate and analyze causes of scrap, rework and warranty work to determine root cause; develop/and assist with implementation of modifications of processes and procedures to improve quality or meet quality standards at lower costs.
• Knowledge of machining processes, metrology, and metallurgy.
• Ability to read and interpret complex manufacturing drawings.
• Strong understanding and application of Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances.
• Extensive experience in use and application of inspection, testing and measuring equipment.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to clearly define problems; collect data; and draw valid conclusions.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Power-Point.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, and legal documents.
• Ability to effectively present information to customers, suppliers, management and employees.
• Excellent technical writing skills to effectively correspond with customers, suppliers, managers and employees.
• Must possess the ability to perform arithmetic calculations, convert units of measurement, compute rate; ratio; percentage and apply trigonometry as generally used in a machine shop environment.
• Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Level III NDT certification preferred but not required.
• Familiar with a variety of Quality field concepts, practices, and procedures, including problem solving techniques such as PDCA, DMAIC, FMEA and Root Cause Analysis.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO: 14000 requirements and procedures.
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing philosophies and tools, along with Six-Sigma techniques.
• Self-directed individual capable of performing a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Requires a Bachelor's in Engineering or equivalent in a related field, plus a minimum of three years experience in quality control functions in a manufacturing environment.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI