US-NV-LasVegas: Senior Online Software Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior Online Software Test Engineer
* Works as a member of Software Integration Test (SIT) group that will be involved in testing various games designed and developed by D&D Games.
* Works with SIT team leads and Director of SIT in preparing Test plans, and execution of test plans.
* Designs and executes test cases and conducts product requirements analysis.
* Automates and maintains the test cases using the standards recommended by Test Management team so that test scripts will be reused across test cycles for a family of games Works closely with Online and Social Game development team that includes Game designers, Artists, Software development engineers to resolve issues found during execution of SIT test cycles
* Troubleshoots and debugs the code to find the root cause of the issues and provide detailed information to the development team.
* Modifies game code to trigger features as required by testing objectives to achieve desired test coverage.
* Modifies game code to collect memory metrics, core dumps etc. using the tools and frameworks provided by Platform and/or game development teams.
* Follows guidelines set by SIT management to plan, execute tests to support business.
* Suggests ideas to improve the overall testing process in terms of tools, processes, test cases etc.
* Mentors new or junior level test engineers with the processes, games setup, and understanding of overall testing objectives set for SIT team.
* Identifies the areas to automate the test cases and documents the test cases.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or its equivalent.
• Requires a minimum of 8 years of experience in software test engineering.
• Tech certifications (A+, MCSE, etc.) may be considered, but are not required
• Experience with OOA/D methodologies required.
• Demonstrated experience in debugging and troubleshooting Flash/ActionScript, Flex and Java for online products.
• Demonstrated experience in using Source control systems particularly Subversion in both Linux and Windows environment.
• Experience with network programming optimization of web desired but not required.
• Basic knowledge of CSS, PHP, AJAX, SIP, Asterisk, Linux a plus
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI