US-CA-SanJose: QA Test Automation Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
QA Test Automation Engineer
* Good understanding of QA methodology is desired – test plans, test cycles, SW releases, etc. Must have written test plans before and be familiar with commonly used test management tools (Bug tracking, test case repositories, etc).
* Strong communication skills are very important.
* Experience with test automation using TCL or other scripting language(s). Strong TCL/iTCL knowledge is preferred.
* Solid understanding of general IP networking – network layers, switching, routing. Familiarity with Data Center technologies is a big plus.
* Good working knowledge of Linux OS is highly desirable.
* Experience debugging, troubleshooting and performing failure analysis of networked computer systems.
* Solid knowledge of commonly used tools/protocols, such as telnet, ssh, ftp, snmp, xml, ldap, etc.
* A general understanding of server hardware architecture: CPU/memory complex, peripherals, IO subsystem, power/cooling, sensors, a management controller.
* Some BIOS knowledge is desirable.
* Familiarity with IPMI is definitely a plus. The more you know – the better!
* Readiness to help with lab maintenance work when necessary
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI