US-TX-Austin: Software Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software Test Engineer
* Works as a member of a project team to analyze use cases, produce detailed quality test scripts, code, tests, debug, configure and document software.
* Finds, analyzes, and makes recommended changes to software bugs; may make required fixes.
* Establishes and maintains test plans and protocols for gaming device software and/or firmware.
* Performs full game emulation, testing batteries of combinations and permutations of games interface with respect to full game function for new and revised or updated games and gaming devices.
* Evaluates and recommends/proposes automation strategies using existing and new testing tools.
* Owns major functional areas through test plan and test case creation, test automation, bug triaging to final release.
* Writes or assists in the development of test plans and test procedures.
* Reports test results and enters problems and issues into the bug reporting database. Monitors and updates bug reports as required, including bug report closure.
* Assists in the automation of relevant test procedures and assists in the review of test procedures as they are developed.
* Identifies and resolves test problems with Engineering, Compliance and regulatory agency requirements.
* Supports the design and development of test documentation and procedures for specific product lines.
* Maintains positive control for secure storage retrieval, traceability and documentation for game and gaming device firmware and hardware in test through controlled release to Compliance.
* Strong C# skills
* Excellent software testing skills with a strong understanding of software testing methodology.
* Must possess a high level of personal and professional accountability and be able to enlist the cooperation of peer groups involved in common business goals and objectives.
* Demonstrates the ability to analyze a problem and complete detailed reports.
* Must be able to methodically produce the steps which exhibit bugs in the product and be able to reproduce and communicate those steps.
* Demonstrates the ability to adapt to the changing requirements and priorities.
Education: Requires a Bachelorís degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or its equivalent.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI