US-OR-Portland: Director of QA
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Director of QA
• Define scope of QA projects to ensure the schedule is reasonable and achievable with the constraints assigned.
• Proactively drive QA project execution to deliver on time.
• Estimate and develop test plans for release projects based on marketing requirements and development specifications.
• Develop test specifications and perform test execution, defect filing and verification.
• Deliver test report for each product release and perform test automation and reporting.
• Maintain communication between QA and development with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Develop, recommend, and maintain QA methodologies and processes.
• Create and maintain quality system documents and records to ensure requirement traceability.(Such as test plans, procedures, forms, templates, spreadsheets, presentations, test reports, project metrics)
• Plan test configurations based upon software and hardware requirements.
• Deploy emerging software and hardware testing technology and tools.
• Assign testing tasks to appropriately skilled QA engineer team members and resolve resource contention by mentoring and providing guidance and direction to lead them to success.
• Resolve and keep track of customer QA escalations.
• Motivate, mentor, and train team members to lead them to success.
• Provides timely feedback to employees including annual performance reviews.
• Formal quality assurance/system testing methodologies, including software development cycles, testing processes and standards.
• Fundamental knowledge of networking, internet and web applications.
• Knowledge of automated testing methods and technologies.
• Strong testing experience on Windows platform.
• Testing experience with embedded Linux systems.
• Testing experience of enterprise systems and network management applications.
• Experience with network packet generator and analysis tools (Anritsu, Phabrix, Ixia, Spirent.)
• Strong knowledge of server management technologies; including SSH, SNMP, TACACS+, RADIUS.
• Administrative/development level of experience with Unix, Linux and Windows.
• Hands-on engineering lab experience on server, network configuration and IT infrastructure.
• Relational (SQL) database programming, MySQL a plus.
• Ability to manage senior engineers, build relationships, balance team and individual responsibilities, and exhibit objectivity and openness to other's views.
• BSCS/EE degree and/or the equivalent in training and experience.
• 7+ years as a software quality assurance engineer plus 2 + years in a software quality assurance lead role.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI