India-Maharashtra: QA Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
QA Test Engineer
• Write test plans, cases and conditions to ensure effective test coverage
• Execute test cases, typically at a black box level
• Mentor and collaborate with other testers in test procedures, process and best practices
• Work closely with Development, Product Management and QA Test leadership to develop an applicable test approach and strategy for both specific products and product lines
• Execute long duration tasks and assignments according to project plans, to meet schedule, resource and quality requirements
• Log and track defects using the designated tracking system and tools
• Participate in peer and external reviews
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Solid cross-group collaboration skills and have a history of working with internal partners on technical issues.
· Strong background in Automation design, development, test tools, keyword driven test case development
• Strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
• Proven verbal and written communications skills in English. Other languages are a plus.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to work with senior leaders to establish strategies.
• A solid working knowledge of metrics and models in product quality engineering.
• Comprehensive understanding of test methodologies and techniques
• Demonstrated command and experience working with Test and Defect Management/Workflow tools
• Familiarity with Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) and testing process
• Experience testing of applications on web-based, client/server, UNIX and X86, X64 platforms
• Working knowledge of relational database technology and SQL
• Strong understanding of database architecture/concepts
• Experience in agile/scrum development methodology
• Experience with SOA principles desired
• Experience in Scripting languages (Perl, Python, Shell, etc.), is a plus
• Experience in using testing automation tools (like RFT, QTP and other test automation tools), is a plus
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or Related Technical Field
2 - 5 years of related experience
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI