US-Illinois: Principal Software Quality Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Principal Software Quality Engineer
1. Leads and/or participates on project teams as needed to accomplish project objectives and deliverables on-time.
2. Participate in key project deliverables/activities such as: Risk Management, Requirements Development, Design Reviews and V&V.
3. Provide leadership to the project team around areas of expertise including, but not limited to, software reliability, metrics, risk management, requirements management, change control and software V&V.
4. Provide subject matter expertise for the corporate Quality System and ensure training requirements are met.
5. Evaluate and recommend techniques to improve procedures/processes.
6. Formulate and recommend engineering policies and technical work in accordance with project business objectives.
1. Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
2. Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
3. Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams with guidance.
4. Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
5. A solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in a highly regulated industry such as FDA, functional safety, defense, aerospace, telecommunications, or nuclear is highly preferred.
6. Must have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to teach others.
B.S. in Engineering / Science field and 5 - 8 years related experience, preferably with software product design and development or software prod
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI