US-IN-Indianapolis: Senior QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior QA Engineer
• Creating and reviewing product test strategies, test plans, and test cases.
• Coaching and mentoring junior Quality Assurance Engineers.
• Testing new features and functionality and reporting defects.
• Developing automated test cases using in-house tools, commercial tools, and scripts.
• Tracking quality assurance metrics.
• Ensuring that all items follow the change management process and are entered and tracked through the change management tool.
• Troubleshooting software application problems.
• Maintaining test environments.
• Participating in software specification (requirements and design) reviews.
• Occasionally supporting the sales and services process, including
o Support of solution architects, implementation engineers, and clients.
o Resolution of technical customer issues and level-three support of customers and software partners.
o Delivery of pre-sales technical support
• A four-year degree in CS, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years of software testing experience preferably testing multi-tier J2EE applications.
• Experience using common iterative and agile development methodologies.
• A thorough understanding of the concepts and components required for software interfaces and integration.
• Demonstrated, excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Strong people skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and methodologies.
• Ability to work both independently and in small team environments.
• Experience in using open source testing frameworks such as HttpUnit or JMeter a plus
• Experience in using commercial testing tools such as WinRunner and IBM Rational Test Manager a plus
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI