US: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
* Execute test plans for both applications as well as for data-driven reports and databases.
* QA team member responsible for the creation and execution of testing activities - to include both manual and automated testing.
* Works with business owner(s) to develop and implement related test cases.
* Defect management and proactive identification of risks to management.
* Works with the customer and development to reproduce production problems and identify gaps in the regression test suite (both manual and automated).
* Assist in building a culture of learning and continuous improvement for the team.
* Actively contribute to executing and maintaining automated test suites.
* Executing load testing duties (Loadrunner, Jmeter, etc.).
* Other duties as assigned
* Strong problem solving skills and analytical ability.
* Experience writing complex SQL queries to verify backend functionality.
* Knowledge of data models and relationships between data elements.
* Experience writing data-driven reports and working with data to create reports.
* Familiarity with ETL process.
* Health insurance industry or related industries (e.g. healthcare provider, financial sector, health care disease management, or health care analytics) experience required.
* Experience with HP/Mercury suite of testing tools (Loadrunner, Quality Center, Quick Test Professional) is a plus but not required.
* Open source test tool knowledge (ANT, Ruby, WATIR, Selenium, etc.) is a plus.
* Thick client MS windows application automation knowledge is a plus.
* Knowledge of Agile software development practices (experience working in an agile environment is a plus).
* Basic understanding of testing components and deliverables within the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
* Demonstrated ability to set and meet tight deadlines and function well under pressure.
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective and enduring working relationships with stakeholders, project managers, and other project participants and application owners.
* Excellent communication, organization and documentation skills.
* Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent working experience.
* Experience (1-2 years) in test case planning, development, quality reviews and test case execution.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI