US-MA-Cambridge: Software QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software QA Engineer
* Supports creation and maintenance of libraries of reusable test data sets and test scripts
* Performs internal peer reviews of test cases from other engineers prior to and following execution to ensure issues/errors with the test scripts are identified and resolved
* Reports status, progress and concerns in a proactive, consistent and accurate manner to senior team members, to the Project Manager or to the project test lead. May serve as test lead for a project.
* Reviews requirements specifications for testability and verifies and ensures traceability of testing to requirements and vice versa
* Performs review of deliverables produced by other project members throughout the Software Development Life Cycle, for completeness and detail, ensuring the specifications are of a high quality and can be used to write test scripts. May participate in technical meetings with Business Analysts and Developers.
* Keeps current on software application testing industry knowledge and computer system validation knowledge by attending industry conferences, reading industry periodicals and training via workshop attendance and self-study
* Performs other duties as required
* Possess fine-tuned analytical skills; very detail oriented
* Excellent oral/written interpersonal skills; user focused; work well with team members.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Very strong knowledge/skills around test case creation and test execution; ability to create and execute test cases as part of broader testing strategy
* Solid understanding of the requirements elicitation, analysis, and specification process. Ability to perform primary testing role in review of requirements specifications for testability, in design review and in testing strategy reviews. May lead testing strategy review sessions
* Ability to author and execute test cases as well as to assist in authoring test plans and strategies and coordinate testing and testing assignments with minimal technical instructions and guidance
* Ability to demonstrate and articulate the application of logical, analytical thought to a testing issue
* Ability to deconstruct problems/systems into smaller components; organize components as part of larger system.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 3 years application software testing or computer systems validation experience, or other comparable work experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI