US-CA-Irvine: performance Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Test Engineer (automation, performance)
- Performance oriented tools and scripts aimed at enabling end-to-end (i.e., from setup to execution) Performance Tests.
- Design and maintain a Performance Automation Framework.
- Test execution
- Job control
- Data gathering
- Develop Performance Test Scripts.
- Performance Report Generation.
- Execute Performance Test Suites, and provide analysis of results.
- Working with a variety of in-house and third-party (open source) developed tools and processes, the incumbent will be expected to achieve competence in analyzing test-result datasets in order to understand and identify regressions either in point-product or release-level manifestations.
- The end goal will be to provide performance reports to development engineering, and Product Management.
- Proficiency in Perl, XML, and MySQL.
- Familiarity with BASH, Awk, and similar tools.
- Experience in configuring servers, switches, RAID, and Windows Servers.
- A good understanding of Linux and Windows capabilities and facilities, APIs, and file systems and I/O capabilities, with a focus on NFS, CIFS, OST and VTL.
- Experience with backup applications, Symantec Netbackup preferred.
- A good understanding of LAN/WAN architectures, topologies, protocols, procedures, and performance characteristics, including, at a minimum, Ethernet and FiberChannel.
- A good understanding of storage/data backup & archiving architectures, topologies, provisioning, product classes, procedures, and performance characteristics in both NAS- and SAN-based environments.
- A good understanding of approaches to performance analysis and performance test methodology.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to work productively with other top-notch engineering talent in an intense, highly demand-driven environment.
- A BS in computer science or equivalent experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI