US-CA-Irvine: Quality Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
* Collaborates with Engineering throughout the product development cycle, with emphasis on equipment and process validations.
* Review all key performance indicators (complaints, supplier data, manufacturing information) and assists in problem resolution and corrective actions.
* Support supplier management through quality audits and vendor qualification.
* Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assignments.
* Conducts statistical analysis and coordinates continuous improvement activities with key management personnel.
* BS in Biomedical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Quality Technology.
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a quality engineering, quality assurance, engineering, or manufacturing required.
* Experience with manufacturing of electromechanical products preferred.
* Certification as a Quality Engineer or Quality Manager preferred.
* Competent in basic applied statistics, statistical sampling plans, and statistical process control and advanced statistical methodologies such as DOE and Taguchi.
* Ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments and ability to lead as well as participate on cross-functional project teams.
* Must be able to thrive in a fact-paced, team-oriented, new product development environment.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation). Understands how to present information dependent upon the level of the audience.
* Minimum travel related to supplier evaluations
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI