US-MN-Eagan: Software QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software QA Engineer
• Execute test cases/suites for assigned software releases.
• Code in C#, to conduct testing at various architectural layers of an enterprise application. Knowing Java is a plus!
• Develop tests to test backend applications.
• Conduct testing on Oracle databases using SQL Queries.
• Create tests in MSUnit, NUnit or JUnit.
• Use Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to log all bugs and version control test code.
• Analyze, document and submit all issues discovered during testing using C# and MSUnit. Verify and close issues resolved during the release cycle.
• Develop test scripts from the analysis of product specifications, software requirements specifications, and software prototypes.
• Create test plans and test strategy documents for testing the product functionality.
• Create test data for the application using XML for creating and structuring content for publishing.
• Update test cases when needed to reflect changes in product functionality or requirements.
• Actively participate in planning, estimation, and prioritization processes to ensure successful execution of testing activities.
• Partner and build growing relationships with others throughout the testing and software development organizations. This is an Agile development environment
• Execute automated tests. Participate in the development and support of automated tests.
• Effectively contribute and implement new ideas on improving the software testing process.
• UI testing using Ranorex
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Engineering or related field and 3 years software testing experience to include:
• 3 years experience developing tests to test backend applications
• 3 years experience programming in C#
• 3 years experience writing unit tests and creating automated test suites.
• 3 years of experience developing and testing SQL queries which assess Oracle databases including writing, executing and debugging SQL queries
• 2 years experience designing test data using XML
• 2 years experience writing test plans and test strategy documentation
• 2 years experience using defect/issue-tracking tools Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Microsoft SourceSafe (VSS)
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI